Translate

23 April 2011

Drawing People Whom (..............)

Drawing People Whom are Family
Drawing family members can be fun, if they like it & to laugh at it.
Otherwise, it can also be a source of family conflicts. So be careful what you draw.

I started to draw my brother's family in year 2000.
It was more a portrait drawing than caricature as I drew it based on a photograph. 
I wanted to frame it up and give him as a gift. But I never did - too lazy to complete ths project.



This year, I drew his family again, but with caricature in mind.
His family has since expanded, and the drawing theme came from the fact that my brother likes to drive car fast, even, with his MPV. I hope he would never get into trouble with the traffic authority. 
This drawing theme is based on fast car.
I wanted to make this into a framed picture for his family. Today, this project is not yet completed,.......no time lah, I'm very busy mah !


Drawing my sister is quite challenging.
I find lots of difficulty in drawing her face and I had to try many times to get a final likeness of her in this drawing. She has thick bushy hairs and this took me very long to complete this drawing.
I find that drawing people with lots of hairs could be very challenging. It could take up lots of time. Easiest is to draw bald people. But caricaturist / artists can't pick customers with hair or not, correct ?  Life still goes on,......especially if you depend on it to make a living !



Drawing my wife is the most adventurous and risky thing to do. I advise you - don't try it ! 
I used many of her photos as drawing practices when I have the time, especially weekends. 
The stake is very high as she would then comment on my finished drawings,........ why like this,....... why like that one huh ?,.......... why so ugly one  !!!!!!   I said "this is caricature drawing wat,.....it is suppose to look funny mah". 



For drawings that are not to her liking, I was "punished" to sleep on the cold kitchen floor for that night,........(sob,....sob,...sob,...). Life is tough !
So, to please her again & to avoid troubles at home, I had to draw her more in portrait form, rather than in caricature form. See the drawings below, and you would understand what I mean.



Drawing children is fun too. I drew my niece and nephew in 2003. Then I stopped.
So far, I did not draw children much.
My opinion is : children's faces change rapidly, unlike adults whose faces change less rapidly, and they look more or less the same, only with age. 
And for children drawings, I don't think they would keep them for long. They just laugh at it at that moment & then throw them away. Unlike adults who know how to value & keep them, especially those drawings with sentimental themes or fond memories.

But don't get me wrong, my friends, and followers,.....
I don't mind doing children caricatures, if requested & the money is good !
In this world, money talks a lot & loudly too !



Drawing People Whom are Powerful
I rarely draw people who are politicians or powerful. I try to avoid troubles,.....
It would be very risky and dangerous to draw them funny. I wouldn't want the police to appear at my doorsteps and then,........troubles start. You know what I mean, don't you ? 

So far, I have had only drawn a few.
I cannot put names on the drawings. You have to figure out who they look like.
Even then, I had to censored some portions before I release my drawings on this blog.




1 comment:

  1. Cool story bro. I have to many feels right now to say anything else...

    ReplyDelete