Translate

21 June 2011

Keeping Pets

Recently, I met 2 of my ex co-workers for breakfast.
They had impressed me with their knowledge on pets and how to select them. One keeps birds and fishes, while the other keeps a dog. I salute them for the time, $$$ & efforts spent on their pets. 

In my opinion, some pets are not meant to be kept, unless you provide a natural habitat space for them to roam around in a natural environment, like in a zoo or bird park. I cannot imagine myself keeping birds as pet, as I see it as an act of cruelty to keep birds inside a small cage because birds cannot  flex their wings & fly inside a cage. Unlike dogs, where they are "walked" daily by their owners. Or fishes could swim freely in a reasonably sized tank.

I want to discourage people from keeping birds as pets. It's more humane to let them live in their natural environment. So, here, I try urge others and to also hint to my friends, with the picture below, & prong them to understand the "feelings" of their pet birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment