Translate

14 March 2011

The lull years after,...

The next few years were spent working full-time for 2 manufacturing companies. 
All time, effort & energy were spent completing tasks & projects for the employers, & no time left in improving my drawing skills. Hence, no drawings / caricatures were created in the next 6-7 years. 
What a #?@*,...........lost time is non-returnable !

Now coming to reflect on this aspect, it's a total lost time. 

Lesson to learn from this episode : if you want to do something you like, or to excel in something, you need to spend time, effort & energy to do it bit by bit, day by day. Lost time will never come back.    
Malcom Gladwell, author of the book : Outliers, The story of success,.......said that for one to excel in anything, one must be willing to spend at least 10,000 hours in it.
"Ten thousands hours is the magic number of greatness.
Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing that you do that makes you good."

That's a huge investment,......how many can afford to do that these days ?    
Only a few persistent & discipline ones had, & suceeded. I recommend anyone to read this books. Many examples and interesting stories in it. 
Do contact me if you want to buy a good condition, used copy (free protective transparent cover) from me at a very reasonable price. 

Today, as I read about Japan's crisis, I felt sad and sorrow for the japanese people, even if I do not have a good impression of the japanese.

Life is very fragile, and unpredictable,.........I now need to plan to do those things / tasks that I have always wanted to do, for myself & my family before my time is up on this planet earth.     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment