Translate

18 March 2016

KAKI chiak KAKI



Our badminton kaki has been playing for months and years every week yet I don’t really know everybody in person.
 
Every week, we just come together to slog, sweat and battle each other out. After every game session, everybody seems to be in a hurry to leave and rush for their next activities or appointments.
 
So I’d name our group as KAKI chiak KAKI, meaning (in local hokkien dialect) - you’re on your own to eat your own meal at your own time and own target. Nobody would bother you.
 
Fortunately Mr ANG (third from left, the one who raises his thumbs up) is an exception. He never fail to accompany me for drinks and dinner after each week’s game. He would sit quietly besides me at my dinning table and would listen patiently to my complaints, jokes and “nonsense” from an  old man who “shoot” from his hip. I observe that he is a quiet man with very few words. Often times, I had to probe deep or “beat around the bush” to make him talk about his work, stories, hobbies and jokes. If not, my dinner would just be another boring activity.
 
I appreciate his company & listening ears.
Thank you very much, Mr Ang. Drinks on me!
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment