Translate

08 July 2020

Either Left or Right?


Every year without fail, my boss demands that I set measurable goals for myself and my co-workers.  
When I don’t achieve them, my annual performance rating and reputation would look really bad on records. So I need to put in extra hours every week (without OT pay) just to ensure the yearly outcomes meet the set targets. You can imagine the stress!

My MP doesn’t need to set any goals. 
No annual reporting on plans or projects status. His performance is assessed only once every 5 years!  His boss sets the manifestos which are just broad plans with no measurable targets or timeframes. My MP just follows his boss’ instructions and executes them. No need to think also. He works part-time here with flexible hours. Most of the time, I don’t see him around. But he still gets a monthly allowance that is 12 times the pay of a full-time local cleaner who performs real hard work under rain or shine in his ward. What the ****   

This is how I explain our inequality problem here to my local peers.

Some just laugh. Some frown. Some just ignore me and quickly move to sit at the next table!  

No comments:

Post a Comment