Translate

06 August 2020

Everything I Bao (包)



I am not a music person.

To me, a good song is the best sound outcome of combining all the elements: tune, lyrics and vocal ability of the singer. This year’s national day’s song is anything but none of these elements. It’s the worst National Day song I’d heard in decades. I wonder who is the Quality Manager who approved its release.

The only thing I could relate to this song is its title: Everything I Am. Yes, of course I am. In order to survive and endure the current arduous hardship, I have to 包山包海 (cover mountain cover ocean), to do everything what my boss tells me to do. No further questions asked to avoid troubles.

This year song’s title should be changed to: Everything I Bao! to reflect our resilience.

 

Note:

This original artwork was submitted to The Straits Times’ coloring contest. This piece, too did not make it to the next round. Sigh. I’d stopped pondering why and lookout for the next opportunity to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment