Translate

02 November 2015

Haze You Win, Hate I Lose


                       
I’m not a trendy person & I have never buy any accessory for fashion other than my waist belt & shoes.

But now due to the severe haze, I’m forced to borrow money to buy many accessories like protective gears.

Everyday, I have to check the PSI level & decide what “extra gear” to wear before going out.

 
Those perpetrators causing the yearly haze should be stopped, punished & dealt with severely.
I think this would be very challenging & would take many years. So be prepared for this yearly air-pollution crisis.

The current haze problem is a complicated issue & I don’t think it could be resolved any time soon. The top guy says “stop the burning”, but his team members have very different agendas. They are a poor nation & had to use the cheapest & fastest method to clear lands. Even the top guy could not afford a N95 mask. What do you expect others to do ?

Unless & until they recognize this as a serious problem with devastating impact to people, wildlife and environment, there would never be a solution. 
I support actions to stop the burning & de-forestation and ban the imports from these un-responsible suppliers. 
As a consumer, I could consume less & buy only from sustainable source but at higher costs for goods.  
I believe we have to continue to live with this haze & pay higher costs for consumable goods. It’s a double whammy for me.  Sigh!
                                                
In my opinion, those land owners & companies found to be responsible for creating the current haze and smog should be made to bear the full costs of damages to the environment, people’s ill-health and the costs of fire-fighting resources  deployed to mitigate this crisis. 

They must be made to pay to be educated.
Enforcement must be mandated & implemented on the ground by the authorities.
I see no other way to prevent this type of crisis recurring in coming years unless there is an immediate zero demand or substitute to replace palm oil.         




                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment