Translate

12 November 2015

My Good Friend Charlie

This A4 Print is for Sale. Contact the Artist.


















I live in a very small area surrounded by 2 powerful, non-chinese neighbours. Over the years, their heads have changed but their behaviours remain more or less the same.

I remember long time ago, one had threatened to turn-off the water supply to my tap. The other created terror & damaged our popular neighbourhood. Now, every year without fail, he keeps burning his vegetation in his yards and causes severe air-pollution to our environment. In some weeks, I’m forced to wear my face mask when I’m out-door. 

As an insurance, I decided to befriend big brother Charlie from oversea, hoping that he would render some help & come to my rescue in the event when my neighbours harass me & give me serious problems. But big brother Charlie also has his own family issues to deal with at home. I wonder whether he would come in such a scenario. I just hope for the best & keep my fingers crossed.

The other problem is Big brother Charlie would retire in ten years time, and another from his family would take over. They like to play musical chair every tenth-year. So I have no choice but to constantly spend time, money & effort to re-start / renew this friendship with whomever is put in-charge. Sigh ! 

(A page from Merlion’s Journal)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment