Translate

29 September 2021

Nothing venture nothing gain

 


Many years ago, I wanted to re-make a popular Chinese movie based on a novel by the renowned novelist JinYong. The output was to be used to train co-workers on new management tools and concepts.

I was the Creative Director and was bold enough to use a French actor as the lead. He spoke very little Chinese and his only Chinese phrase was “朋友,你好吗?” Half-way through the project, a new boss took over. Budget was cut and many restrictions were imposed. I could not do many things as I’d planned and wished for. He even deployed his men in black to monitor and track my every move. Sigh!

Soon after, people started to leave for good, including myself. This movie was never completed but those who previewed the earlier movie clips, many just laughed and gave me their thumbs-up. 😊

(Read the full story inside my 2nd-book)

Buy my books here at LINKleefhCaricatures - Store (webs.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment