Translate

03 December 2015

I Choose to Volunteer



Life is also about making choices.

Every year, since 2011, I choose to take a few days off from work to volunteer in community works. This is my way of giving something back to society & the community here. There are many options on what to do, but I choose to help in events in sport, art & environmental conservation/protection. I choose them purely due to my interests.

This country is hosting the 8th Asean Para Games for the first time. And I’m volunteering in this event. It’s really an eye-opener to see these sportsmen & women playing competitively despite their disabilities. They have some disabilities, but are not disabled. I kudo to them.

 

But I find it strange that chess is included as a sport in this event. My view is chess is not a sport. It’s just a mind game, nothing physical. I keep scratching my head & still could not figure this out !  

And if you see a volunteer keeps scratching his head, that’s me ! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment